Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 128 (French Pumpkins)


I bought one of those "fairy tale" pumpkins a few months ago as a decoration for Halloween. My original plan was to carve it into a Jack-o-lantern, but I didn't have a chance to. I wasn't really sure if it was something that people ate, but after doing some research, I found out that it was actually a french squash that was great for cooking. I figured I would be able to turn it into a pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, but I didn't have a chance to do that either. So, I trucked it down here for Christmas break. It has since been cut up, peeled shredded, stewed and baked. If I remember correctly, I only paid about $4.00 or $5.00 for it. That sucker was huge! I must've been over 15 lbs! We now have a huge pot of pumpkin curry, pumpkin bread, plus more pumpkin to make 2 more loaves, and some pumpkin to make some pie. This might be the making of a new holiday tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment