Monday, December 5, 2011

I'm Looking

I'm looking for you,
But you're hiding.
It would be one thing if you knew you were doing it,
But you don't,
Because you don't know that I'm looking.
You don't know that I'm looking,
Because I haven't told you,
Because when you were there,
I hadn't realized that I'd found you.
You were there,
And then you weren't.
But, for a moment,
You were there.
And, I wish I had known then,
That I was looking for you,
But I didn't,
Because I hadn't told myself,
That I was looking,
Because that would have been too scary.
Not that I'd know what to say if I found you.
"Hi," maybe,
Or, "So nice to see you again."
"Such nice weather we're having today."
Because, it's important that you don't know,
That I've been looking,
Because I'm afraid that is would change somehow.
It's the coward's way out,
It's why you don't know,
And why you may never,
Ever,
Know,
That I've been looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment