Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Abraham Lincoln's Profile in the Mountains

If you ever find yourself on the 23 freeway driving down towards the 101, you may notice the profile of a pretty well-known United States president in the mountain range in front of you. I remember many a morning, driving down this freeway on my way to work, seeing the profile, and saying, "Morning, Abe!" It became a favorite ritual of mine, and I would always try to point it out if there were people in the car with me.

I wondered if other people had ever noticed this before, and so I tried to do a Google search, but I came up empty-handed. So, since I think this profile in the mountain thing is pretty cool, I went for a drive today and tried to find a spot where I could take a good picture of it. Now, a picture cannot compare to the real thing, and I don't have the best camera in the world, but I think the pictures came out okay.




For some reason, the pictures came out kind of flat, so it seems like Abe is turning away from you, but I still think it looks like him.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. My scout leaders used to tell us camp fire stories saying that it's the giants of the earth lying down and watching the sky. I never knew who these giants were but I just assumed they were around to protect me. It was always cool to see a facial profile every time I'd look up at the mountains though.

    Now Abe Lincoln... that's a first!

    ReplyDelete