Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pour Painting

I started a new monthly art class for kids, as part of my internship at Fairfax Community Church. Our first class was this past Sunday, and we did a "Pour Painting" or "Tall Painting" art project to kick off the program. You basically take different colors of paint and then pour them on top of a pedestal that's been anchored onto some kind of platform.

I saw this first on YouTube and thought it would be a great first project for the class. Here's the video by artist Holton Rower:


It was really fun and the kids had a blast.












Next month will be "The Art of Storytelling," where we'll incorporate visuals and dance in telling the story of the Israelites wandering in the desert.

1 comment:

  1. That's really cool. I want to try it now. When you come home, we should totally set up shop in your backyard. I need a painting for my room.

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete