Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life in Marin (Title Stolen from Mike)

I finally decided to go out mushroom hunting again. Since this is only my second year trying this, I'm not sure what's normal, but it doesn't seem like there's as many mushrooms in general this year as there were last year. Still, I took some pictures of my walk so all you folks out there can get a feel of what it's like here if you've never visited.


I can always count on these Black Elfin Saddle mushrooms to grow around campus.



Here's some Chanterelles of the FALSE variety. It's so disappointing when you find these cuz when you first spot them, you get excited thinking you've found a bunch of huge yellow Chanterelles. Unfortunately, these False Chanterelles are poisonous. I checked my usual spot for the real ones, but there weren't any there. I wonder if someone else knows about that spot...


SFTS is beautiful. 'Nuff said.


Marin is kind of a quirky place. Take, for example, this UFO parked in front of this person's house.


This is a picture from inside their courtyard. I'm assuming the person that lives here is some kind of artist.


Witch's Butter. Pretty gross looking, isn't it?


I almost walked right by this cup type mushroom. It blended right in with the dead leaves.




A bunch of cool-looking red mushrooms growing around the graduation field.



And, of course, the Stinkhorn Lattices are back.


My loot for the day. Pretty sad, but at least it was something.

No comments:

Post a Comment