Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Olive Branch Menu

I don't know why I haven't done this yet, but I all of a sudden had an urge to come up with the menu for the cafe church I'm going to open after I graduate. The goal is mostly simple and delicious comfort food, most of which can be served in a bowl. This what I have so far for the basic menu, and I imagine rotating specials depending on what's in season, and an extensive rotating dessert menu, not to mention coffee and tea drinks and maybe gelatto? Let me know what you think!

Breakfast

Steel-Cut Oats

Lemon Porridge – Steel cut oats with hints of vanilla, honey and lemon

Banana Bran Muffins

Fairytale Pumpkin Muffins

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

Jian Bings – Chinese style crepe with eggs, green onion & a sweet & spicy sauce

Pasta

Pancit – Filipino rice noodles with vegetables and chicken

Linguini Alfredo – classic or creamy

Linguini Arrabiatta – a spicy tomato based sauce with pine nuts and sultanas

Spaghetti Marinara

Spaghetti & Meatballs

Cavatappi with Pesto

Mac & Cheese with or without mushrooms

Chicken & Rice Bowls

Mole Naranja – a rich sauce of citrus & cinnamon

Adobo – a Filipino classic with soy sauce, lemon, bay leaf and garlic

Tomato Dill Sauce – a Filipino twist on sweet & sour

Apple Curry – the house blend of curry spices, slow simmered in caramelized onions, apples and coconut milk

Creamy Mushroom

Soup

Chicken Noodle

Chuck’s Killer Chili

Salads

Roasted Root Vegetable – seasonal root vegetables served on a bed of crisp greens

Chinese Chicken

Brown Rice – a deliciously nutty combination of brown rice, parsley, mint and tomatoes

Sandwiches

Tuna Salad

Egg Salad

Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Snickerdoodles

1 comment:

  1. Looks like good food to me. Let me know when you start serving food.

    ReplyDelete