Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 087 (Mushroom Chicken)


Tom and I had a food experiment today. In typical chinese restaurant fashion, I just called it Eggplant Chicken, but the eggplant disintegrated so for now it's going to be Mushroom Chicken. I was going for a really spicy dish, but Tom kept telling me to stop adding the hot chili oil. It turned out really good; Faith, Tom and I had a wonderful meal.

Lectio Divina was good today; it was a little different because we were using a piece of art for our focus instead of scripture. The picture we focused on was actually of some kind of nebula or galaxy and towards the end I started to notice this creepy grinning goblin thing in the glowing swirling gases. It was a good thing I hadn't noticed it earlier because I had a hard time concentrating after I saw it. I have to lead the group next time using nature as the focus. Should be interesting.

I finally brought my car in for service. While it was at the dealership, Ryan, Faith, Ian and I went to Applebee's because they were giving free entrées to Veterans for Veteran's Day, so Ian got a free burger. I can't believe how rude some people are!!! This older man asked the host how long the wait was, and when the host told him it would be about 20 minutes, the man said, "You guys aren't worth 20 minutes." OMG!!!

I got my car back and then Faith and I watched some heart-wrenching episodes of Grey's Anatomy. We're only a month behind now! XD

Played some magic with Tom and Russ, had to explain all of the new rules to Russ cuz he's been out of the game for a while. He kept talking about this weird "interrupt" thing? I think he was making it up...

Anyway, fun day. Tomorrow shouldn't be too hard. Things seem to be slowing down a bit; we're actually able to take a breath or two, but I'm worried it may be the calm before the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment