Friday, November 20, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 095 (The Blues)

We now come to the harrowing tale of beads, bracelets and rude women from Kentucky. If you need to catch up, here are parts 1 and 2.

And for those that just want a brief summary:

I had a rainbow bracelet from beads that had a lot of personal meaning for me. A woman from Kentucky that I was trying to help over the phone said something very mean to me. I can't believe I just summed up two posts in two sentences O_o

After I had recovered somewhat from what the woman said to me, I realized I needed to just get out of the office for a while to regroup. I thought the best thing to do would be to go back to the bead store and lose myself in the thousands of tiny beads. The plan was to make a bracelet for my friend Stacey. I figured that the task of finding the absolutely perfect beads to turn into a bracelet for her would take my mind off of what happened at least for a little while.

It sort of worked; there were definitely a few moments here and there where I was so focused on what I was doing that the lady's voice wasn't even a faint memory. But, the recollection of the event would quickly return and I would get depressed again. I often wonder about her and what her life must be like. Is she an unhappy woman? Did she really mean it? Would she feel joy at the pain she caused me? I suppose I'll never know.

After probably over an hour at the bead store, I finally found the beads I wanted to make Stacey's bracelet. I chose beads made of glass, bone, silver, and semi-precious stone. I was floored at how much I ended up spending, but I figured that the healing that the creation of the bracelet provided for me was worth the cost. Plus, the bracelet turned out to be stunningly beautiful. I love hearing stories of people trying to steal the bracelet from her. I wish I still had the other bracelet, the one that I consider to be the twin to Stacey's, but maybe someone else need's it's healing power right now. Here is the picture of Stacey's bracelet to end the story. The picture doesn't do it justice; if you know her, maybe you can get her to show it to you one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment