Friday, November 27, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 103 (New Moon)

It's the day after Turkey Day and the turkey itself has been reduced to a pile of bones. True, we had some guests for dinner that night, and some more today, but I have never seen a 23 pound bird disappear that fast.

Today was pretty low-key. I haven't been doing as much homework as I should be, but I am doing some, which I guess is better than when I would do nothing before. We finally made it out to see New Moon today. It was pretty much what I expected, although it seemed to be a lot slower than the first one. I originally thought the pacing of the 1st movie was too fast, but after seeing it like 10 times, I'm comfortable with it now. I'm sure once I wear out the New Moon DVD, the pacing won't bother me any more. I really like how the directors have been adding fight scenes at the ends of the movies where there are none in the books; it makes the movies more interesting. I think it would be a mistake to continue that trend with the last book, because that would make the movie extremely different from the book. The Eclipse movie comes out in June, and that book already has a fight scene in the end. We'll just have to see how everything plays out.

Personally, I thought New Moon had too many huge talking head scenes. It's been a while since I read the book, and my memory of it isn't too great, because I was mostly reading it as fast as i could so that I could get to Eclipse. Here's the New Moon trailer for anyone that's interested:

No comments:

Post a Comment