Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 187 (My Dad)

My brother called earlier to tell me that my dad had collapsed and was brought to the hospital. By the time he had called, my dad was alert and was talking, but the doctors did not know what was wrong. They took some blood, but the results hadn't come in yet.

It was really hard for me to hear this news because I'm so far away from my family right now. I didn't feel like going to sleep, so Christina and Russ stayed up with my playing Yahtzee until 4 in the morning.

Thank you guys for being with me.

After that, Christina and I walked around some and then went to Denny's for breakfast. It is now 6:15 am, and I still don't know what's wrong with my dad. No news is good news, right?

3 comments:

  1. *hug*

    what are good friends for besides some crazy yahtzee and breakfast and just making sure you're not alone?

    just call if you need anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. know that you are central in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much for everything. It's really helped having you around.

    ReplyDelete