Monday, February 1, 2010

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 169 (Exegesis, Theology & Prophets)

Phew, what a day! 8:30 Exegesis, 11:00 Theology & 2:00 Prophets. The way they scheduled the classes, I only have a half hour to shuttle Faith down to the vans and grab something to eat for lunch. Luckily, I'm not one of the drivers, so I can eat in the van, but I just got the updated schedule for Tuesdays, and I AM one of the drivers, but I'm not gonna be Faith's chauffeur on Tuesdays, so it should be okay as long as I don't dilly dally after Intro to Ministry.

The workload is going to be crazy; Annette already warned us that some of the Exegesis assignments could take upwards of five hours. She's also our Prophets professor, which looks like it's going to be a lot like The Pentateuch and Former Prophets, which means LOTS OF WORK! And, the amount of reading the Theology professor wants us to do is staggering, but I'm actually kind of excited about some of the readings. He's also quite animated, so I think being in his class is going to be interesting.

I wish we didn't have to drive all the way to the GTU for Prophets, especially considering the fact that about 2/3 of the class is students from SFTS, and we all have to be bussed down (not very environmentally friendly), but it is interesting taking a class with so many students from the other seminaries. The guy in front of me was even wearing white monk robes!!! There's at least 6 of the nine schools represented in that class, which is pretty cool actually. But, also for that reason, the class is huge!!! Not public university huge, only about 40 people, but definitely much larger than what we're used to. That's gonna be a lot of papers for Annette to grade...

2 comments:

  1. The "White Monk Robes" would be a Dominican Habit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I figured it out when I went to the Dominican School the next day ;-P

    ReplyDelete