Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 193 (Pho)

Today was awesome. I had Exegesis and Theology today, and even though I was dead tired, I had a lot to say in class. I figured out what it was. I really like my classes this term. Call me sick. Call me disgusting. But, I actually like Old Testament Exegesis. It's sick and twisted and wrong, but the Hebrew fascinates me and I get frustrated because my education level is not high enough for me to play with the language as much as I would like.

Theology was cool too. I wish I had more time to do the readings. We talked more about the theologian Barth today, and I loved the dissection of what/how/why people believe things. These two classes were pretty much why I came to seminary.

Then, we went out for dinner to a Vietnamese restaurant today (first time I had Pho since I moved up here.) Then hung out at Holy Grounds, drank wine and watched Fargo with an amazing group of people. We played Yahtzee afterwards where I got to watch the magic that was Heather and Ryan being as catty as two people could possibly be. Lots of laughs, lots of fun, can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. you're disgusting.

    just because you told me to.

    and yeah. we have important stuff to do while we celebrate your sabbath.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it was so cheap! We need to go back there!

    ReplyDelete