Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 11 (Trader Joe's Thwarted by Charles)


I went to Trader Joe's this morning and bought all the wine. Neither of the people who would not let me buy the wine yesterday were there. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do if the cashier was there, but I did toy with the idea of going through his checkout and reminding him of who I was. Had a nice glass of Trader Joe's Old Moon Old Vine Zinfandel as I read The Lovely Bones. It was in fact lovely. Only five hundred bottles of wine to go before I can finish my wine cork board...

I had planned to go to the farmer's market today, but I noticed an Asian market on my way back from Trader Joe's and wanted to check it out. Pretty limited selection, but I did buy a whole catfish, head and all. I got back to the apartment and made catfish sinagong, a tamarind based soup. Ate the head, including the eyeballs for old times sake... kinda gross, but I wanted to see if I could still do it, LOL.

Which reminds me, I should be working on that Filipino cookbook...

Basically had a really lazy day reading, which I kind of needed because this week had been pretty crazy. Seminary stuff starts up full swing next week, so I need to make sure I'm ready for that. But, if it ain't broke, don't fix it... gonna read for the rest of the day and deal with the serious stuff tomorrow. Peace out yos!

No comments:

Post a Comment