Friday, August 21, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 5 (sake!!!)

You know, going away can be kind of fun if you do it right. Everyone wants to take you to lunch and/or dinner. There's party's, BBQ's and other get-togethers. There's movies, and shopping and hanging out with people. It's actually pretty cool!

I've noticed I've been doing a lot more drinking than normal the last month or so. Wine gives the best buzz, of course. Tequila kind of sneaks up on you. Beer and Sake you kind of have to drink a lot of to get a good buzz going.

We had sushi tonight; with sushi comes beer and sake. My birthday is tomorrow, so the sushi chef gave me a bottle of sake to drink for myself. A few years ago, I never would have thought I would have been comfortable drinking a whole bottle of sake by myself. But, it's my birthday and I'm leaving and I was surrounded by family and friends, so I thought "What the heck?"

A little advertisement for the local sushi bar here: Yama Sushi freakin' rocks!!! I always get my special roll, which isn't on the menu. It has spicy tuna inside, with avocado on the outside and eel sauce and hot chili oil drizzled on top. DELICIOUS!!!!!

It was a totally random night; all these people we knew kept showing up and pretty soon we had a rockin' party goin'.

I leave in 9 and 1/2 hours. Hammie is packed to capacity; the rest of my stuff is gonna have to go in my parent's car. Madonna Inn, here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment