Monday, August 24, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 8 (Pig Sty From Hell)

My parents and I got to the school early this morning, so I got a chance to show them around. I love how the school looks like Hogwarts; one of my friend's kids asked her if I was going to secretly become a gay wizard, LOL.

The school isn't big, the student body is only about 150 students. It's cool how you get to know everyone though.

My move-in time was 10:00. Two other students were here at the same time, but their move-in times were later, so I was shown my room first. When we had arrived, the door was already open, and we saw that it was a mess, so I was hoping when the person came to have me sign the lease, she would say there was some kind of mistake and bring me to a different room. It was the right room. *sigh*

I didn't get a chance to really look at the room until we had unloaded my car and my parents left. Amber showed up right when we started and helped bring everything in. As I started to unpack, I realized it was going to be a lot harder than I thought. One of the first things we did was open the refrigerator because we had some food to put away. There was a large area f mildew growing on the bottom and it smelled really bad. Something had been splashed on the door and had dried up orange and sticky, and the expiration date on the milk was 7 days ago.

Then, I had to throw something away. Had to shut the garbage can real quick because of the smell that came out of that sucker. I noticed the sink was full of dishes and after piecing all of the little clue together, Amber and I came to the conclusion that this guy had been away for some time. She noticed some grains of rice on the spoon on top of the rice cooker and, not being from an Asian family, thought that was gross. I kind of laughed it off until I realized what the inside of the rice cooker might look like if my roommate had indeed been gone for a while. We backed off of the rice cooker and I slowly opened the lid, fearfully expecting a pot full of grey mold. The damn thing was still on! The rice inside was hot and dry and had turned brown and hard from being cooked for so long! We're lucky the whole building hadn't burned down! I quickly unplugged it and we looked around some more. The apple peels in the sink looked fairly fresh, so it was possible he had left that morning, but who knows? The toilet was filthy and there was black scum coating the drain in the bathroom sink.

Dinner time came, and I started to get hungry, so I thought about heating some food in the microwave. Fully prepared for what I would find, I opened the microwave and proceeded to clean it for about 20 minutes; there was no way I was going to heat up my dinner with old food splattered all over the place and cooked onto the glass turntable inside. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

It's almost midnight and this guy still hasn't shown up. God only knows when he'll finally make an appearance. Michelle, the person who had me sign the lease, told me she thought he was going to move out soon. I hope she's right.

I'm going to tackle the dishes and the fridge tomorrow. Please pray for me all of you out there O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment