Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 352 (Duke)

Today, Tom took my mom and I to Duke University. What a gorgeous campus! We started by taking a tour of the gardens.






Then we looked around at the amazing architecture...











And, finished off inside of the beautiful chapel...









For a real taste of North Carolina, we went on a short hike in the state park to find some blackberries. We found a few, but we also stumbled across these unexpected beauties, ripe blueberries!


As per my usual M.O., I had to take pictures of all of the photogenic fungi I could find...






As well as this swallowtail who was kind enough to pose for me...



We capped off our day briefly walking around an old tobacco warehouse that had been converted into a restaurant complex/business office. These North Carolinians really know how to put their old buildings to work! (Which is fortunate because those old bricklayers really knew their stuff!)



PICTURE OF THE DAY: A librarian at the Duke University Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment