Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day 367 (The Thing?)

Today was another driving day, although we didn't go all that far, just from Las Cruces, NM to Casa Grande, AZ, about 5 hours or so. This was good because the southwest sun was unmerciful, and even though we were driving in lovely air-conditioned Hammie, the places where the sun was hitting us were gettin' pretty toasty!

We did manage to do one touristy thing that I'd been wanting to do since I was a little kid. This wasn't my first time driving through Arizona. The first time was on one of the many road trips my family went on when I was younger. While on the I-10 driving through New Mexico and Arizona, you see a lot of these:


Since I was in charge of the driving, I had every intention of pulling over when we got to exit 322. After paying the $1.00 admission fee, my mom and I got to see "The Thing." But, you don't get to see it right away; you have to go through a little museum of sorts filled with all kinds of weird and kooky "things," including a lot of these weird sculptures someone made out of tree roots.














PICTURE OF THE DAY: Is this the infamous "The Thing?" What is it? Where did it come from? Is it real? See it for yourself in Dragoon, AZ and decide for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment