Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 372 (The Day After)

So, it's the day after the road trip. We went far! I'm not sure exactly how many miles I put on poor Hammie, but it was over 10,000 miles. Here is the basic route we took, courtesy of my friend Carly:


It was weird being home after over 2 months on the road. I hardly knew what to do with myself. I finally watched the Joan of Arcadia DVD that I've been waiting to watch for all this time and I had some good catching up time with some friends. I have a week left here before I need to head back to school and I'm hoping to make some good headway on my book before then. In that vein, since I've been doing this blog once a day, every day, I think it's time to change the format. While I've enjoyed doing the blog, it's kind of morphed into something I didn't expect it too. It's kind of been taking over my life in that everything I do, I'm always analyzing it in terms of, "Does this need to go into the blog? Would people think this is interesting? I need to get some good pictures for the blog." It's like I'm always kind of removed from the situation because I'm behaving more as an observer than a participant.

So, I've decided that from now on, until it changes, this will be a weekly blog. I will make it part of my Saturday Sabbath, more of introspective on the week rather than a report on things that have been going on. We'll see how it works. Bye for now, see you on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment