Monday, January 4, 2010

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 141 (Money Trouble)


Today was day one of the Hebrew intensive. As we have a new professor, we spent most of the day doing review so that we could get our brains back into study mode and the professor could get a read on how much Hebrew we know. He seems like he'll be a really good professor. He tells interesting stories about the origins of the words and letters and seems to have a healthy sense of humor. As hard as this term will be, it should be a fairly good time.

On a scarier note, my finances are scarily low. I even brought back about 15 lbs of frozen meat from my parents freezers to tide me over until I can figure out what I'm going to do about my money. I was supposed to be paying my parents back for a loan, but they have stopped collecting for the time being. I also called my sister today to borrow some money and I called Christina to see if we could share books for the class we have together in the Spring. Praise be to God, both said yes. It's good to have so many angels in my life :-)

I'm not sure if this was God's way of getting me to finally start looking for scholarships, but I wrote 6 or 7 letters today requesting scholarship applications and information that I will be sending out tomorrow. I also left a message for the person in charge of financial aid at the Graduate Theological Union to see about possibly getting more student loans. I don't want to keep getting deeper into debt, but I figure it's better than credit cards and I don't really know what else to do. I can't see myself getting a job because I barely have enough time to study as it is. A job will eat up all of the free time that I have, and I know I will burn out if I do that. Pray for me everyone. I know God will take care of this, but I can use all the help I can get!


No comments:

Post a Comment