Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 156 (Rain)


The whole city (and apparently many outside of the city) was woken up at 3:45 this morning by a monster of a thunder roll coming off of a lightning strike that must have hit incredibly close by. I was jolted awake by the shock wave passing through my body and for a few minutes was afraid that the lightning might have hit one of the cars parked along the side of the building because the explosive sound was so loud. I tend to have very irrational thoughts when jolted from my sleep, and my mind was likely drawn to the lightning struck car theory because of the car alarms that were going off. Yes, the thunder was so loud that it set off people's car alarms. Getting back to sleep was difficult as the rain seemed to come in waves and the wind was whipping up a frenzy through the trees right outside my window. Getting out of bed this morning was not easy...

I did good on the Hebrew quiz today thanks to the 6 1/2 hours of studying I did yesterday. I'm gonna have to get the address for that website so that I can look at it later. I can't believe we're over halfway done with the class! We have a take-home quiz for the following weekend and then the final the Wednesday after that. Then it's a four-day weekend and Spring term starts. I haven't looked into what books I'll be needing. Should probably do that soon...

The rain is coming like crazy. We don't get anything like this where I come from, although my family's house IS at the bottom of a hill, so we have a fair amount of experience with minor flooding. Marin county put out a weather/flood advisory for the people up here. I hope it doesn't flood again like it did 4 years ago. I'm assuming they learned their lesson from what happened and took steps to prevent it from happening again, which of course is no guarantee. I've heard that every time it starts raining, the news stations send reporters out to San Anselmo, just in case...

Wrapping up the night with some Magic playing and Hebrew studying. Trying to keep things low-key...not sure why exactly. Still waiting to hear from my presbytery about where they want me to go for my psychiatric evaluation, the next lovely step in my ordination process. I hope they don't figure out I'm crazy...


No comments:

Post a Comment