Saturday, September 26, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 41 (Run, Charles! Run!)


OMG! I am SO out of shape...but if you've been reading this blog you already knew that. Some of us took the ferry to the city today. Since I had managed to convince my family to come last night instead of today, I was able to take my brother and sister with me. Tasted a pawpaw for the first time today, sorta tastes like a mango. We spent some time at Pier 39, then had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. The food was okay; typical of a chain seafood restaurants, too salty and ever so slightly freezer burned. We decided after that we wanted to catch the 4:40 ferry back to Larkspur, but we didn't realize quite how far away we were from the ferry when we started heading back. We started walking faster and faster; I was at the front trying to keep up the pace. But all of a sudden, everyone was running past me saying we only had 3 minutes to get there, and I started running too. We were going pretty fast because we were seriously short on time, but my stomach started to hurt and I had to slow back down to a walk. Besides, there were still four people behind me, and if they didn't make it on the ferry, then I wasn't going to get on it either.

End of story, we made it on and got back to Larkspur, where our cars were waiting for us. Brian, Dianne and I had dinner at an amazing italian restaurant called Lo Coco's on San Anselmo Avenue, which I HIGHLY recommend to everyone! The food was deliciously fresh tasting and the service was impeccable.

Then, we got together with Laura, Terra, Ian and Tom to watch Stranger Than Fiction, which I also recommend to everyone. Will Ferrell plays an IRS employee who is auditing a baker played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. The movie, on top of being wonderfully original, is about writing and cooking, two things near and dear to my heart, and every time I see it, it pushes me to spend more time doing those things. Please, please, please see it if you have not yet done so. I normally can't stand Will Ferrell as an actor, but I think he does an outstanding job in this movie.

I haven't gotten any homework done this weekend, nor have I done laundry. Sadly, my family will be leaving tomorrow morning, but hopefully I'll be able to get to all of those mundane things I've been putting off since they're been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment