Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 42 (What a Difference a Dot Makes)

Today's title is brought to you by Terra Mitts, proprietor of the Dotless Dalet, proudly serving the Hebrew dot needs of Marin county for over 5 years, "Make every day a dalet day!"

My family left today. I was sad to see them go, but I was able to get some much needed study time in...not that I'm done studying. Still have laundry to do...*sigh*

Today I studied for Intro to Ministry, Biblical Hebrew, Sacred and the Substance, and Old Testament. I also have papers due in Old Testament and Church History due this week, but I haven't started them yet. Not really sure where all that extra time is going to come from, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

The plan was to make curry chicken today while I studied, but my parents brought me a lot of food, and I didn't think it would be a good idea to cook more.

Hebrew is getting more and more complicated. So many stupid little rules! I'm not really having a hard time with it, but I can totally see how frustrating remembering all the rules is going to be in a few weeks, not to mention all of vocabulary memorization.

All of this studying is having a strange affect on me. I'm actually starting to like it in a weird way. It's very peaceful. I kind of like the rhythm of class and studying and food and sleep. Also, not working is a very big plus. A person could get used to this, if only it didn't cost so much.

I'm also enjoying the reading that's being assigned to me. There's too much of it, so reading all of it is basically impossible, and what I do read, I have to read very fast. I wish I could read these texts without having to rush so I could really wallow in what they have to say. There's a lot of interesting things to learn out there. Maybe someday, when I don't have so much to do, I can pick some of these texts up again and read them at my leisure. I'm just worried with all of these things that I'm saving to do for "when I have more time" that I won't ever get to finish them all. At least I won't get bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment