Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 329 (Milwaukee)

My mom and I had a nice relaxing day with Doug and Erin and Erin's family. First we went to church with them. It just so happened to be communion Sunday. The way the pastor blessed the bread and the wine(juice) was kind of a call and response, so the whole congregation was involved. I really liked it and I think it's something I need to remember for the future. Afterwards, we went to the HIstoric Third Ward District for lunch and my first taste of frozen custard. According to Erin's sister, this was not "real" frozen custard, and apparently Erin will be rectifying this situation tomorrow.






We went to see Lake Michigan, my first time seeing a great lake. I knew they were so big they look like oceans, but knowing and seeing are two different things. It's really weird seeing a body of water that big, but without the briny ocean smell.












PICTURE OF THE DAY: This art museum was on the shoreline. Isn't the architecture amazing?

1 comment:

  1. lake michigan is my favorite great lake... it's the one i used to swim in, even when i was still in diapers!! :)

    and i can't believe you'd never had frozen custard! i guess it's a midwest thing...

    ReplyDelete