Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 337 (Kentucky)

My aunt and uncle live in the tri-state area, so they have easy access to Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio. We went to the Cascade Caves in Kentucky, a nice little cave that boasts a 30 ft underground waterfall. Unfortunately, the waterfall is inside of a very narrow chute, maybe 5 ft across, and the railing comes up to the middle of it and you kind of have to crane your neck around the cave wall, so you can barely see it, let alone take a picture. Still, it was a nice little outing, and the people's accents were fun :-)

This nice lady was doing a demonstration of spinning and weaving at the visitor's center.



Then it was off to explore the caves!







My mom, dad and Uncle Bob.


My Aunt Esther.


Traveling to different states sometimes feels like going to another country. Instead of a Vons next to a Chucky Cheese, in Ohio they have this...



PICTURE OF THE DAY: My mom lost in the woods. (I don't know why this picture is so funny to me.)

3 comments:

  1. you don't need to go all the way to virginia for a spinning demo, i can do that in california! but that lady had a nicer costume...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i mean kentucky. are you going to louisville??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any plans to go to Louisville. Should I?

    ReplyDelete