Saturday, October 3, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 048 (Dear God)

Dear God,

I know that you want me to be here, and there are probably multiple reasons for me to be here, but this is all getting really intense. I don't want to mess everything up; I think we have a really good thing going here. Do I get too involved with things that I shouldn't, or am I supposed to be sticking my nose into everyone's business? You're the one that made me, I guess you made me this way for a reason, but you've been putting me in some pretty awkward situations lately. I hope I'm doing what you want me to. But, that's all you expect of us, right? To just do the best we can with the gifts that you've given us? I still have so much learning to do. Not just with Hebrew and History, but with how to communicate with people and meet them where they need to be met. (figuratively, not literally) I always thought I was a pretty good communicator, but it's obvious I still have a long way to go. Just keep an eye on me, please. Make sure I don't mess up too bad. If something goes wrong, I'm totally blaming you, just saying. Anyways, thanks for everything, thanks for getting me through this week. I'd really appreciate it if you lightened up for a while, but you're gonna do what you're gonna do, so whatever.

Love you, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment