Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 073 (Magic the Gathering)


I finally got to play Magic today!!!! (I know, I'm a geek) But, it is SERIOUSLY the best game EVER! It's been around for almost 15 years I think? Not really sure, but it was the first ever collectible trading card game. When you're playing, you basically take on the role of a wizard, and you're battling with another wizard and you're trying to kill each other. Sounds a little violent, but it's not, because this is all done with numbers and you're playing with cards like the one pictured here

You start with 20 life, and your opponent has to get you down to zero while protecting their own life total from you. It sounds dorky, and I admit, it is, but I swear, it's really fun!

Tom and I were studying at the coffee shop, and we took a break so I could teach him how to play the game. It was really exciting for me, because I haven't played that much since someone broke into my car and stole most of my cards. Yes, someone broke into my car, in the church parking lot no less, and stole my magic cards. Granted, they probably had no idea what they were stealing at the time, but they are gone nonetheless. It's kind of hard to stay involved with something when something like that happens. It took me several years to collect all of those cards, and they were just gone. And, who the heck breaks into a car in a church parking lot?!?!?! This was like 5 or 6 years ago, but it's still upsetting when I think about it.

Reading week update: Studied Hebrew for about an hour and read Silence.

2 comments: