Monday, October 12, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 057 (Peanut Butter and Hot Wings)

After 3 hours of Old Testament drills for the quiz tomorrow, Tom and I decided we were starving, so we went to my apartment to scrounge up some food. I did have an entire pot of chicken noodle soup on the stove that I cooked earlier today, but that was my homework assignment for Drugs and Jesus tomorrow. While I briefly contemplated the humor of having to tell my teacher, "Tom ate my homework," I didn't go through all that trouble today to not have anything to show for it. I thought the only quick food I was going to be able to offer was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but as I was going through my fridge, I found 8 hot wings from Friday's get together at Holy Grounds! So, we had a first course of hot wings and rice, and followed that with a lovely dessert of peanut butter and jelly. We were laughing at our sad little meal, but we did realize how blessed we were because it was probably more food than what many people in the world would have had to eat today. We Americans are really spoiled!

My original plan after blogging was to continue studying for the Old Testament quiz, trying to remember convoluted things like the number 1350. It's a number, obviously, and it's not hard to remember because it's the odd numbers 1 thru 5 plus 0. It stands for the book of numbers. 1,000 stands for the Roman numeral M, which stands for "miraculous manna" or God's providence that the Israelites were ungrateful for. 300 stands for the 3 C's of conflict, conflict and census. The Israelites had a conflict with the Moabites. Miriam, Aaron and the priests were rebellious (conflict) against Moses, which God punished them for, and the Israelites had to do a census according to their ancestral houses. 50 stands for the Roman numeral L, which stands for all of the laws in the book of numbers. I know it's crazy, but it helps me remember all the things I need to know.

So anyway, I was going to study more, but I'm going to go to bed instead. It's funny how most of these blog entries seem to be ending the same way...

No comments:

Post a Comment