Friday, October 23, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary: Day 068 (Falafel)


Today was a culinary first for me of sorts. I had "real" falafel for the first time. I'd had cold falafel from a deli case before, because I had just never had the opportunity to try fresh real falafel right out of the deep fat fryer. We went to Falafel Hut in San Rafael. The food was gooooooooooood, and the service was impeccable! I ordered the "deluxe" falafel pita with eggplant and potato. We SO need to go back to that place! I want to try everything on the menu; I love discovering exotic new places to eat! The funny thing is that the restaurant was so small that it couldn't accommodate our group of 11 people, so the owner sent us two doors down to the pizza place that he owns so that we could eat there. As far as I could tell, there weren't very many people eating the pizza, but we figured it was probably busier later at night. I'll certainly let you all know how the pizza is if I ever end up having it there.

Took the Hebrew quiz today... so wasn't ready for it! Between the 3 papers and studying for Old Testament and Church History, there just wasn't any time leftover. At least my grade is high enough in that class that a not-so-decent quiz shouldn't hurt me. I cut out after turning the quiz in 'cuz I just couldn't stand to be in that class anymore. I wasn't going to learn anything useful and I just wanted to get reading week started already! I should be able to catch up on everything during reading week, detox from caffeine, and come back to school ready and refreshed to finish the semester.

We had another movie night tonight; I finally got to introduce Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist to a everyone. It is my 3rd favorite movie, after all. Alexis showed us Dangerous Beauty afterwards, a movie about a courtesan in 16th century Venice. I'm not normally a fan of period films because they tend to be depressing, but this one was actually a lot of fun. The next movie I want to share is Lawn Dogs, staring Mischa Barton and Sam Rockwell. (#1 on my movie list btw for those that don't know)

No comments:

Post a Comment