Saturday, June 5, 2010

Day 293 (Cops on the Beach)

I went to some beach in LA with my sister today for an annual beach party that her friend Zach throws. It was fun, but the cops kept driving through the beach, harassing people about their barbecuing and alcohol. Also, the life guard was driving around telling people they weren't allowed to fly kites.

Now, I don't want to focus on the bad parts of my day, because it was nice to just hang out and relax on the beach, but these cops were really pissing me off! LA is one of the most crime ridden cities in the United States, and our tax dollars are going to cops patrolling the beach to prevent people from drinking at their beach barbecue. Oops! Wait, we're not allowed to barbecue.

I'm so glad that during this time of budget crisis for our state, we're making sure that the lifeguards have nice cars to drive around so they can make sure that people can't freaking fly kites at the beach!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!??!?!

There are actual crimes being committed, there are people being robbed, murdered and raped, and we need to make sure people are "behaving at the beach?"

I'm not against a police presence at the beach, in fact, it's probably a really good idea. But, come on! Let people barbecue, let people drink responsibly, and let people fly their gawd damn kites!

No comments:

Post a Comment