Thursday, December 10, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 116 (Sick Day #3)


Sunday - It started as a tickle in my throat and an overall feeling of lethargy. Missed church.

Monday - Felt pretty much the same, so I went to class and went through my day as normal, although I think I felt colder than I should have.

Tuesday - My throat was completely raw and I decided to stay home and try to keep the disease contained. Missing Tuesday sucked because I like Old Testament and Improv, and there was a pot-luck party for The Sacred and the Substance. On top of that, I didn't have the energy to do any studying or paper writing, so that entire day was pretty much wasted, not to mention being in pain for the whole day. Started using Afrin to clear my nose.

Wednesday - Didn't get much sleep because of the sore throat, and my nose was completely clogged. I took my last two Tylenol that morning, but my throat wasn't hurting as much, so I didn't bother trying to obtain any other pain killers. Slept a lot. Realizing there was no way I was going to meet the deadline for the final paper for The Sacred and the Substance, I emailed the professor for an extension. This is the first time in my entire life that I have ever asked for an extension for a paper. It sucked. The muscles in my legs are starting to get achy. I'm pretty sure at this point that the thing I was hoping was a head cold is actually a flu.

Today - Woke up early because I went to bed so early the night before. Check my email. Ayize, the professor for The Sacred and the Substance wanted to know how much more time I thought I would need. I replied that I needed one more day. Spent the day cooking, doing Hebrew, working on the paper and blowing my nose. Ayize emailed me back to let me know I could turn in the paper a day later. Now blogging. Will work on paper more once blogging is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment