Friday, December 25, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 130 (Christmas Traditions)


Christmas Eve. (Technically, it's been Christmas for almost an hour, so Merry Christmas!)

I love our family Christmas traditions. Every year while we lived in Oxnard, we would go to our next-door neighbor's house so that our families could spend time together and we could eat tamales. Even after we moved to another city, we would still go to their house on Christmas Eve. This year, we had tamales, posole, taquitos, Spanish rice, chile verde, and this super sweet drink called "ponche"... I think. It's made out of guavas and raisons and cinnamon and stuff.

Then they come over for Christmas dinner the next day. We don't usually have the same foods every year, and I'm not really sure what's going on tomorrow, but my dad asked me to make a pasta dish. I know we're having some Filipino foods though, and I hate mixing cuisines... I think it just throws everything off.

I love Christmas stuff. I just wish I had more time to spend just doing Christmas stuff. After school, once everything is settled, hopefully I'll have more time to simply enjoy these things. At least now, in the middle of my winter break, I don't have too many responsibilities. It's a small Christmas miracle in itself. Have a great holiday season everyone! Remember the important things: spend time with your friends and family and with God, cherish the little moments and be thankful for what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment