Monday, December 14, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 120 (Insomnia)


Because of the horrible jolt to my circadian rhythm the night before, I had my first bout of insomnia up here in lovely San Anselmo. As I had taken my last two Benadryl a few night ago for their advertised purpose, I had no more left for "off-label" uses. For those that don't know, the active ingredient in Tylenol PM that makes you drowsy is basically Benadryl.

I finally fell asleep around 3 again, so when the alarm went off at 7:30, it was not a pleasant sound, not that it ever is. I couldn't miss Church History again, as pointless as I feel history is, because I had already missed it four times this semester, so I dragged myself to class and sat there in a half conscious stupor until it was time to leave.

Faith and I had breakfast at the Sunflower Cafe. I felt like I really needed to go today because I'm going to be gone the next two weeks and I've been going there every Monday for a while now.

Afterwards, I tried to study for my two finals tomorrow, but I was so exhausted, I had to go back to bed. I got up and have been studying on and off ever since, but I'm still not well, so it's really hard to motivate myself. Hopefully I won't totally bomb tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment