Friday, December 18, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 124 (Chick Flick Day)


Faith and I had a total holiday chick flick day. It started with The Family Stone at Holy Grounds, but then the DVD player stopped working, so we moved it up to the student lounge for Dan in Real Life and While You Were Sleeping. Popped some corn, popped open a nice cab, had some cookies. It was a nice night. Neither of us were in a Christmas party mood, so we just had a tiny Christmas movie viewing instead, although technically Dan in Real Life is not a holiday movie. The weird thing about these particular movies though is how similar the plot lines are, but I suppose that is the danger when you watch 3 romantic comedies in a row. I'll have to remember that the next time I want to have a movie marathon.

Earlier today, I lost the roller ball on my phone. I had to do a thorough cleaning of my room to find it if I was going to retrieve the information it held. I guess God really wanted my room cleaned. I did end up finding it and I made my way to AT&T to buy a cheap new phone, making sure to choose one with as few moving parts as possible. I never have any luck with roller balls, there's always something going wrong with them. And, since I have been without a data plan for over 3 months now and have yet to really miss it, I decided that I am not a "smart phone" person. It is kind of annoying how simplistic the phone is that I got though, so we'll see how long that lasts. I can't believe how long you have to wait for someone to help you when you go to an AT&T store! And then, when they do finally help you, they're always trying to make you sign some kind of contract. I can't stand that place! I'd switch, but my parents are paying my phone bill while I'm in school. Gotta take the bad with the good.

Speaking of the parental units, once I had a working phone, I was able to return my Dad's call. During the conversation with him, I found out I was broke because my mom tried to make a withdrawal for the loan I am paying back to them and I didn't have enough money in my account to cover it. I freaked out a little bit and quickly checked my account online. It seems I had forgotten about that $530.00 tire purchase a month ago in preparation for driving back home. I have no money until I get another student loan check. 'Tis the life of a seminarian I suppose. Either that, or get a job O_o.

No comments:

Post a Comment