Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 136 (New Year's Eve Eve)

The rain has made its way down south and I woke up to a drizzle and a call for sushi. I'm trying really hard not to spend any of my non-existent money; luckily I had the sushi gift certificate from my sister. I was tempted to get a coffee at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, but I resisted the urge and made coffee at home (decaf). I could use the rain as an excuse for my inactivity today, but as you should know from reading this blog, I haven't done much of anything while here at home. I have come to the conclusion that being home is extremely detrimental to my studies. Everyone wants you to do stuff, and since you haven't seen them in a while, and the stuff they want to do is almost universally more fun than homework, it's hard to refuse.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Doesn't time fly? Every year goes by faster and faster. I read somewhere that the reason it seems that way is that as you get older, a year is proportionally a smaller and smaller part of your life. When you're 2 a year is half of your life. When you're 50, it's 1/50th of your life. Makes sense to me, but it doesn't make the feeling any less weird. I also read somewhere that in order to make life seem slower, you need to change up your routine. I tell myself that ever time I'm doing one of my routine things, like driving home, but then I realize that things are generally routine because we have discovered through trial and error that those things are the most efficient/easiest/best/most interesting/fastest/etc. way of doing whatever it is that thing is and I don't change anything. You can lead a horse to water...

We are coming to the close of the holiday season, and for some reason, this year more than most, it just hasn't seemed very "holidayish". I had a great time doing all of the holiday things, but something just seems to be missing. Is it because I'm getting older? Is it because I'm letting too many other things distract me? I don't know. I'm not sure when I'm going to get to my next blog entry because of the New Year's festivities, so to everyone reading this, Happy New Year's! I wish you all the best in the year to come. Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment