Monday, December 28, 2009

Gay Guy in Seminary Day 134 (Tennis)


Woke up at 12:30 in the afternoon today after going to bed at 5:30 in the morning. My clock gets really messed up when I'm on vacation. When I got downstairs, my family was in the living room watching TV marveling at my ability to sleep in. Dianne and Brian immediately asked if i wanted to go play tennis, and I immediately agreed, even though I had woken up telling myself that I would study Hebrew today.

Now, none of us is good at tennis, like at all, but for some reason, we really like smacking tennis balls around with tennis rackets at tennis courts. I personally like to watch tennis on TV. I know it isn't a sport that that many people like, and I actually haven't watched it in years, but when the players get a good rally going and then one of them pulls off a crazy move to win the point, you're really glad that you took the time to keep watching through the not so interesting parts.

So, we got to the tennis courts and started to goof around. After literally less than 5 minutes, I was breathing hard and wheezing. I know I haven't been exercising much the last few months, but I know I wasn't that out of shape. I guess my lungs are still messed up. Well, I know they still are 'cuz I'm still coughing. It's that annoying dry cough, but it's not "completely" dry, 'cuz it feels like there's threads of mucus in there or something that tickle when I breathe that set off the coughing. The exercise was actually good though, 'cuz after a few more minutes, I realized my breathing was actually getting easier. I guess I should exercise even when I'm sick.

Afterwards, I hung out with Carly and we christened her new flat-screen HD TV with The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. That movie just makes me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment