Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 231 (Happy Easter!)

Gonna keep it short today because I have been sitting in front of a computer screen for WAY too many hours today. I just finished my Prophets paper and am looking forward to turning off my computer for the night. I started it around noon today, and because of my natural tendency to prefer distractions to homework, took me until about 9:00 pm. Now, I just have to finish my Theology reading, O_o.

I went to my Baptist church this morning, hoping for some kind of special Easter service, especially since I haven't been there in almost a month. It was pretty much the same-old, same-old. I was also kind of disappointed in the sermon because it was mostly an apologetic on how Jesus actually did raise from the dead. I spent most of it wondering why he was trying to prove to a bunch of people sitting in church that Jesus' resurrection wasn't faked. I came to the conclusion that should we encounter a non-believer asking for proof, then we would have some kind of answer for them, but I was always taught that you could never prove the events of the Bible. Doesn't the ability to believe come from God? Maybe it's a Baptist thing.

I've been eating peepshi to sustain myself through the paper-writing process and I think it's high time for some real food. Happy Easter everybody!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, what feeds you in this place again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the music mostly. And, I usually like the pastor's sermons, it just seems like his choice for an Easter sermon fell short.

    ReplyDelete